Re: a little sysadmin story

Because my boss who had a hell of a lot more experience then i do dug
into it and found out it was a speakup bug.

I know you're convinced that speakup is perfect never has a bug and
crashes the kernel so i wont even try and convince you other wise but
[...]

No need to be insulting,   Deedra.

Besides, you're wrong about me being unable to see your side of the story. In fact, I am convinced you are right. I realized John C. was suggesting I try pressing speakup+r on a blank line and that sure did crash my system. And that's something you might very well have done while using the console on a development machine.

On the other hand, I still say that's no reason to take speakup out of the kernel. It's a reason to fix that bug. If we need speakup in the kernel, the bugs should be fixed. But that doesn't mean we don't need speakup in the kernel.