Re: Msg from Gregory Nowak

Regarding brltty, it certainly looks like the initrd generation scripts
don't like something about it. I haven't used brltty, so can't tell
you how to fix this. As for speakup not coming up at boot still, the
only guess that comes to mind is that you're still running the old
initial ramdisk, since generating the new one caused errors, and it
wasn't generated. I could be wrong here. I can't think of why you
wouldn't get speech at boot. Putting speakup_dtlk in
/etc/initramfs-tools/modules, and running update-initramfs -u has done
it for me under debian for a long time now without fail.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1