speakup on the Raspberry Pi / compiling speakup modules

I have tried to build a kernel on a raspberry pi.
http://elinux.org/RPi_Kernel_Compilation was a good start
compiled overnight and boots fine.

So next step, how do i compile module speakup_soft?
do i need other modules?

make menuconfig was not too helpful, btw.

I would like to ask the raspbian people about including these modules.
But before i ask i want to know better what i'm talking about ;)

So any infos very welcome...

Robert