serial synths and speakup

Hi,

Noting the comments on the list regarding speakup and serial synths and
the latest kernels, wonder if any one knows which kernel versions are
affected.

I have just installed debian wheezy and as I could not get the software
speech to work during the install, I used my apollo.

Interestingly, speakup came up without problem when I booted in to the
new system.