Console chess

Shane W writes:
> Just wondering if there are any console chess programs
> compatable with UCI for Linux.

I've found gnuchess fully accessible. My proviso is that I have my
tactile chess set out so that I can make each move there as the game
progresses. You can unwind moves in gnuchess. You can also get an ASCII
screen print of what pieces are where.

In short, I've not seen a reason to look further.

Janina