State of accessibility on BSD systems

All a serial console is is a computer running a terminal program like Minicom on unix or
hyperterminal in windows.
The only BSD I have had any experience installing was netbsd (I needed it to run a Mop
server so I could netboot a microvax), and it had a text installer that was really easy
to do over serial.