enabling software speech with pulseaudio

Hello,
I just installed fedora 9 from the speakupmodified downlaod site.

I have ttsynth installed, and want to get speakup to work without uninstalling pulseaudio. I noticed on the speakupmodified main page that I can edit /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf, but I cannot figure out what it should say.

Any tips would be appreciated.