does anything upset speakup?

Hi there,

I have a little time on my hands to try installing a few new things for
the first time ever.  And it's just occurred to me to wonder if there's
anything I could possibly install that might upset my speakup's world, and
cause it to crash or not talk or whatever? I'm hoping this is a stupid
question, but need to ask it anyway, because I'm new at going beyond the
basics.  I'm using debian etch if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Amanda