debian packages

The SecurityPolicy mystery.  I ended up having to dpkg-deb -x
xserver-xorg-core into a scratch directory off root and copy the
SecurityPolicy file from the package into the right place on the system.
There's another problem though which is that xserver cannot open font
"fixed" in the bottom of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.  I found a fixed
font in /usr/share/consolefonts but that was compressed with gzip at the
time.  Oddly enough, I have gzip and gunzip on the system so that
shouldn't be happening.