Speakup and Orca

Hi,
yesterday evening I started a Gnome session using Orca, while Speakup was
running.
I had to quit Speakup, because the keystrokes of both seem to collide:
Speakup wants to use the numpad, while Orca does the same.
Is this known, and is there a way to avoid this? Has the decission of the
Ubuntu team to take off Speakup in the coming versions to do with this?
Hermann