New Debian installation and confused.

If I'm not mistaken, Debian does not differentiate among run levels 2
through 5. They are all the same out of the box. The user is welcome to
fashion them differently if he wishes, but unless he does so, 2 is the
same as any other run level (except of course 0, 1, or 6.

Or has that changed with etch?

Chuck