Speakup & Ubuntu & PDAs

I have heard of people doing some software speech on ARM
processors, but I don't remember the details at the moment.
I will try to find some info though. Actually I think someone
on this list said they were running software speech on ARM.
As I said though, that's only part of the puzzle, to connect
that to speakup would require some speakup mods to work
on ARM I think. Correct me if I am wrong on this anyone.

  -- Doug