how diffecult is it to configure Linux to surf the web

Hi...
  I was thinking about installing ubuntu on my computer but I've never used Linux before. I was wondering how diffecult is it to configure Linux to surf the web. Is there a wizard that will guide me through the process. I also wanted to know if Linux will work with dial up connection. Thanks.
  Charlie