help with install of debian and speakup!?

Okay,

You installed from CD evidently, so your sources.list file does not have
the correct contents to search the network for stuff. It wants to search
the CD you installed from.  Let me see if I can find you a sample of
what the sources.list might contain to search the network instead of the
CD.

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh