package installation problem

At 02:44 PM 4/17/2006, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:

>Can someone please advise me what to do? I have been living happily with
>the Debian unstable distro for some time, but got bitten recently. The
>package "manpages-dev" was being upgraded along with a bunch of other
>stuff, and it failed with an error. I tried a number of things,
>including doing a remove and purge and a new install of the package, and
[...]

I  am not sure what modutils is but you may be able to purge and/or remove
modutils, install  manpages-dev, and then re-install modutils. Modutils
sounds like something important though and you may not be able to remove that.

PS: Somebody else mentioned that this is why they don't use the unstable
version of debian... Well, I've had this come up recently with the stable
version. Different packages but same problem.  X11-common wouldn't install
because it wanted to create a file that was in XF86Free. Of course, I don't
use X but zinf wanted it installed.