Various text formats again.

Hi all.  Yes, the fictionwise site looks very cool, and I found the
magazines I was looking for.  I worry though, that some of the pdf might
have restrictions where we once again, cannot use pdftotext or whatever.
I did get some p d b files to try and am wondering what package to try
with p d b?  I see pdftotext says error cannot read such and such table,
but I figure those are different than pdf.  Thanks much.