new computer suggestions for speakup

You can find a list of supported drives for cdrdao on its web site.
This is cdr/dvd drives.
I have had good results with an l gee drive.
My old HP also worked well, but I think they stopped making cd writers.
Most drives work these days.
HTH
Willem

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Corey Knapp wrote:

> ounces at redhat.com
>
> An Open Email To Amy:
>
> Dear Amy:
>
> Your solicitation for design requirements for software to produce
> tactile maps is admirable. We applaud you for asking the community of
> users what there needs are before developing your software.
>
> However, before answering your survey, I would like to ask U. of Oregon
> a question. Your solicitation wasposted to an email list for persons who
> are blind and use Linux. May we infer from this that your software will
> run on Linux, and in particular from the Linux console? More
> importantly, will your software be released with an open source license
> such as the GPL?
>
> Certainly an application for generating tactile maps of varying detail
> would be welcome. However, we are keenly aware that all software is not
> created equal. We can cite a long history of publically funded projects
> which have produced software that can only be used in proprietary
> environments. If your software will be developed in an open environment,
> I would expect you will receive solid interest and technical feedback
> from this community. If not, well then we probably aren't interested.
>
> University of Oregon writes:
>> This is a second request for survey responses. In addition to OM
>> instructors, this time we are seeking input from anyone who is blind or
>> partially sighted as well as anyone who makes or wants to be able to easily
>> make tactile maps. But we also seek input from people who navigate or teach
>> fo/speakup

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions