quick and painless pine question?

Well, Karen, to amplify on what Gary told you, when you use the agregade
command, yes you will type a ; then select by either numbered message, from, or
subject.  You then hit a for apply since you want to save those message in
another folder, type an s.  I would then backspace once and type in a folder
name.  If it needs to be created, it will prompt you.  I hope I've explained
this well, but if not, please ask away.
Hart