question about logging kernel problems when kernel blows up

Hi there,

I have a friend who is trying to help me debug a kernel problem.  I am
wondering if there is any way to log the problems that the kernel
encounters when you load it and it blows up.  He needs this to help me
debug what is wrong.  Thanks for the help.