slackware and wireless connection

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:30:48AM EST, Alex Snow wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm trying to set up slackware on a box with only a wireless card for
> networking. how does one configure the wireless card's ip info? whenever
> I do it manually with ifconfig it seems to still use lo as the default
> interface ven though the wireless connection is up acording to both
> ifconfig wlan0 and iwconfig.

I am actually using wireless at the moment. What I have done, is to set up the
configuration for the interface, in my case being eth1 in
/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf. eth0 is my ethernet interface in this case. I simply
added an alias to my modules.conf/modprobe.conf files.

alias eth1 ipw2100

You then have to go through /et/rc.d/rc.wireless.conf to set things like ESSID
and wep key.

hth

Luke