Compiling Flite with gcc-3.3.x and higher

Hi their.  If it helps, I was able to build Flite under Fedora Core 1.
However, building under FC2 does not work.  I'm not sure if its due to the
GCC version that's being used.  When you try and build Flite, do you get
any errors?  if so, what are they? Inquiring minds want to know.  At least
I do.