backspacing in emacs question

I'm not sure how to respond to this thread.  I use emacs at least 16
hours a day.  I've been using it for many many years.  I wrote speakup
using emacs.  Although we used to have problems with cursor tracking
in emacs I have never had a problem with the backspace function in
emacs.  I have seen problems with backspace in a few editors which
have already been mentioned but never emacs.  The only thing I can
think of is that some folks are not using the standard Linux character
del or ascii 127.  Other than that I have no clew what is meant I can
backspace across this entire message and it works just fine meaning is
says each character as it is backed over.  So go figure.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061