synth detection problems

Umm. I hate to point up the obvious; but does Speakup know which synth
you're using?

If you have all of them (or several of them) compiled in, you have to
specify the synth you're using. Sometimes you have to also specify the
serial port. In your lilo.conf, put in a line like
append="speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=0"

Then rerun liloconfig and see if that doesn't work. You can also try
typing (at the lilo prompt)
linux speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=0

Speakup cannot automatically detect what synth you have.

Sorry if you've done this and it seems elementary...
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,