wav compression lib

Hi Cheryl and all. I have pcm set to about 95 percent unmuted. I also have
master digital set to 95 percent unmuted. I have
snd-card-cs4236 loaded, snd-pcm-oss, and snd-mixer-oss. What actually
happens with trplayer is that when I play a compressed wav, the timer is
going, but there is no audio output. I confirm this by hitting e to end
playback, and it stops at something like 16 seconds because I wait for a
while. This says that it is trying to play the file, but where is it
sending audio output? I can't tell! But if I rename the file to mp3, I can
play it both in freeamp and trplayer. Note: The reason why the module is
snd-card-cs4236 is because I am using alsa 0.9.0beta9 for the time being.
Also, any ideas as to why I get those errors in pcm_hw.c when I go to play