(off-topic) Reader Services

I'm not quibling here.  I made suggestions as to where he should go to
advocate for his rights.  I also indicated that he needs to contact a
supervisor  to the individual who is stating that this is truly mandatory.
If he is going to make a credible case anywhere, he must know the
appropriate policy and get it in writing.  If as I said, whomever is
alledging this to him is mis-informed, then his ascertions that he will
take this to a higher level may yet change the whole perspective.  I've
never looked to a caseworker/counselor as being the best informed
especially
whenever there is a questionable judgement call.  If the supervisor can't
come up with appropriate documentation, then I go higher than the
supervisor.  In addition, find out where the funding originiates for these
services and do appropriate homework to understand how these  funds are to
be administered and so forth.  If there is a discrepancy, well go to the
funding authority whether it be the Department of HHS under the Federal
Government or from funding in Alabama or whereever it originates.

If one is receiving Social Security SSI or SSDI, if related funds are
involved, then I would imagine there are grounds for a complaint.  I'm
just suggesting that one needs to document things first and to apply
pressure on appropriate pressure points.  I sure would have a lot of
questions to ask if I were ever told something like this.

Amanda Lee