which linux should I use

Ok. I've taken a look at all the readme documents available on the speakup
ftp site for the different linux installations, and I'm not wholly certain
which would fit my needs. I'm a linux newcomer, but I'm good with hardware
and windows. I'm looking for something that's an easy install from either a
cd or hard drive, but doesn't require me to partition my current hd. If I
were to take a stab at it, I'd guess Red Hat would best fit these criteria,
but I'm not an expert at linux stuff. What do you all recommend?
sincere thanks

Jason Symes