typing ascii chars above 127 with speakup

Hi,
I realize that what is spoken and/or is on the screen is the "wrong"
character, but how are you submitting the answers to your teacher?
If you're printing your homework out, does it print correctly even though
the screen/speech/braille? representation is wrong?  I guess where i'm
coming from is this, no matter what it says if it represents it correctly to
whomever you're turning in the work to it doesn't matter as much.  In fact,
you could use something like two character codes like ~e and use either a c
program or any of the various scripting tools to convert all instances of ~e
into what specific code you needed.  Even if you're emailing assignments you
could process the file prior to mailing?
regards,
cecil