Re: Fwd: scripts/spdxcheck.py's third-party dependencies

On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 07:44:41AM +0100, Nicky Chorley wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2021, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > But we do not use pip to do kernel builds, so what is this going to help
> > with?
>
> It's just about making people's lives easier for running the spdxcheck.py
> script - not everyone will have the third-party libraries installed, so
> listing them means they can be installed easily. For example:

I think the most useful thing here would be to find a way to make
spdxcheck just work without the non-standard python module.  As far
as I can tell it uses the module only to do the recursive travesal
of the current tree anyway, which seems rather pointless to start with.