Re: sparse maintenance pace?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  (c) try to send patches upstream that help your project - at least
> for merge purposes
>
> Note that (c) can be a huge deal, but it requires that you make sure
> your patches make sense in the context of upstream, not just in your
> own context.

So far as I've been told, it takes many many months for Luc to get a
response on things he sends upstream, then gets some stylistic
feedback, fixes it, resubmits, and then has to wait another couple of
months. For this reason, people get fed up and are then inclined to
diverge. This is a bummer, as it'd be preferable to have quick review
cycles and thus continuous merging.