Re: [RFC] sparse SSA construction

Hi Luc,

On 16 August 2017 at 13:28, Luc Van Oostenryck
<luc.vanoostenryck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
> <mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Is it the problem that you are constructing SSA while linearizing - so
>> that you do not have the gotos resolved? Would it be a better design
>> to finish linear stream, and then run SSA conversion?
>
> The *big* advantage of this method is that you *do not* have to first
> generate the whole thing *and then* transform it into SSA form.
> The price is a slight complication in the handling of gotos.
> The more classic approach  need special handling for gotos too.

It is an advantage and a disadvantage in the sense that it makes SSA
construction not reusable - or have I misunderstood? Looking at the
implementation I felt that it could be run as a second phase - is that
assumption wrong?

I am just trying to understand the issue as it seems the paper claims
it creates pruned SSA for all programs - not just reducible control
flow. Have you contacted the authors regarding the issues you are
having with gotos? Might be worth doing so.

Regards
Dibyendu