Re: master branch for upcoming RC5

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Were these two issues caused by recent changes - or are they bugs in
> the released version of Sparse?

Both have been there since essentially forever.
It's only recently that we discovered how bad the situation was

> I ran the test case kill-unreachable-phi.c in my repository and did
> not see an infinite loop. My repository is way behind the latest
> changes in Sparse as I last synced up earlier this year so maybe I am
> not seeing this issue?

It's possible. It's the kind of things that is very sensitive to
details like the exact ordering of different operations.

It's probably another change somewhere that triggered a chain
and finally, this bug showed up.

-- Luc