Re: support for C++ ?

Josh Triplett wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, nobody involved in the Sparse community has any
plans to attempt C++.  I also think that a subset of the language capable of
handling any significant number of common programs would end up containing
most of the language.  Even basic support for C++ would require large changes
to the parser and to the Sparse data structures, and that doesn't even count
the huge can of worms that would open once you start running into interactions
between Sparse-annotated types and inheritance or overloading.

Indeed. The gcc people even wrote their own hand-coded C++ parser for similar reasons, so I can't see it being an easy integration into sparse. You might as well fork at that point.

	Jeff

-