Re: How do I get the latest sparse?

Christopher Li wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 04:23:57AM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
>> I've followed all the patches on linux-sparse, and I have tested several of
>> them in local git; I just haven't pushed out new bits.  I particularly look
>
> Great to know you are back. I can resend my stack of patches now :-)

In general, you only need to resend if you have changes.  Otherwise, I can
just use the previous versions you mailed. :)

Currently working my way through your resent patches.

>> forward to integrating your NULL pointer checking code, and I think I can
>
> I haven't get much feed back of the new checking code yet.

Expect some comments in response to your new patch shortly.

> I will refresh my patch as well.

It probably still applied. :)

> Without cross function/file checking, the interrupt checking generates way
> too many false positives.

Sounds a lot like the context checking. :)

The use of strcmp on asm strings for x86 instruction mnemonics seems like a
problem, though.

> I am working on the cross file checking right now.

Excellent.  I would welcome any attempts at cross-function and cross-file
checking, rather than continuing to add annotations for that purpose.

- Josh Triplett