Re: How do I get the latest sparse?

Christopher Li wrote:
> That is the same git repository I am pulling from. There is not
> much update recently. I assume it is the Christmas/New Year holidays.

That combined with the back-to-school crunch and work on a research grant.
The grant helps further my work on Sparse, though. :)

I've followed all the patches on linux-sparse, and I have tested several of
them in local git; I just haven't pushed out new bits.  I particularly look
forward to integrating your NULL pointer checking code, and I think I can
adapt some of the dataflow analysis code for lock context checking as well.  I
also know at least one likely customer for the smarter Sparse-based ctags, and
I plan to look into generating cscope information as well (sparscope).  Expect
bits soon.

Also, some of the patches came with disclaimers along the lines of "don't use
this, I plan to rewrite". :) For those, I wanted to wait a bit and see where
they go; however, given the usefulness of some of those patches, I may go
ahead and merge them anyway.

- Josh Triplett