Re: sgx_encl_may_map()

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 06:02:48PM +0300, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Couple of remarks that are not reasoned in the code too well:
>
> 1. Why to allow to mmap() to a range where pages have differing
>    permissions? I think it would be better just to require all
>    pages in a range to have the same permissions.

You mean different vm_max_prot_bits?  I don't think we should deny
mapping a mix of R and RW pages with PROT_READ, e.g. map read-only but
have the option to make select pages writable in the future.

> 2. Why not require exact match with the PROT bits?

Toggling W in particular in the PTEs likely has value, e.g. initialize
data with runtime info and then lock the range in the PTEs.