Could serial console drivers be loaded earlier?

I were testing Hauke's driver for ARM BCM5301X PCIe controller
PCI: BCM5301X: add PCIe2 driver for BCM5301X SoCs
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/5257871/
and it went wrong.

It hangs my ARM device, but the worst part of it is that I don't see
*any* message over serial console. The last message I can see is
bootloader's:
Starting program at 0x00008000

So obviously early printk doesn't work for me, but I was hoping to at
least see messages from the standard serial console driver.

My setup is:
CONFIG_SERIAL_OF_PLATFORM=y
CONFIG_PCI_BCM5301X=y

1) of_serial.c
It uses module_platform_driver which means:
module_init + platform_driver_register

2) pci-host-bcm5301x.c
It uses:
module_init + bcma_driver_register

So both drivers are using the same initcall (device_initcall) and its
random (not really) which one gets loaded first: PCIe driver or serial
driver. In my setup it happens to be PCIe driver which hangs the
machine without giving me anything over the serial console.

I've to obviously fix my early printk, but I was also wondering if
this would be possible to move of_serial (and maybe others) to some
earlier initcall?

--
Rafał