Re: Multi-homing question

On 11/06/2013 10:45 PM, tsoi andrew wrote:
Dear Neil,

Attached file is our tcpdump.
Now our secondary IP doesn't work.
Please advise. Thanks.

IP info:
lksctp primary IP is 172.28.129.49
lksctp secondary IP is 172.28.129.176

Client IP is 10.82.29.240/10.82.29.241

Since it appears that you are using multiple interfaces
in the same subnet, can you please make sure that:
1) you have arp_ignore set correctly.
2) you have route rules that specify that different source
addresses should be used for different destinations.

Without this, linux will just pick the first/best address
and interface to use and you will not have real multi-homing.

You alternative of course is to set up secondary ip in a different
subnet.  This way you would have more appropriate multi-homing
configuration.

-vlad

Regards,
Andrew