Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] LIO/SCST Merger

On 01/27/16 22:37, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
[ ... ]

Hi Nic,

Since in the most recent years all my communication to you was neutral and professional in tone it is not clear to me why you wrote such a misleading and unfair e-mail. Anyway, I would like to point out that the following information is missing from your e-mail:
- That last year the storage HBA vendors and Linux distributor
  representatives who attended my session about this topic where
  unanimously enthusiastic about my proposal. You were the only
  attendee who was not (yet?) enthusiast.
- That I am working on sending the ib_srpt patches upstream you
  referred to in your e-mail and that a first version of that patch
  series has already been posted on the linux-rdma mailing list.
- Although five years ago some SCST users switched to LIO, recently
  several LIO users switched back to SCST because the latter is still
  more stable and easier to configure than LIO. In other words, it is
  in your own interest to help the LIO patches upstream that I posted
  recently.
- One of the reasons that the LIO core patches I'm working on are not
  yet upstream is because of how long it takes before you as a
  maintainer provide feedback. The first version of my patch to make
  ABORT and LUN RESET handling synchronous was posted on October 12,
  2015. It took until November 15, 2015 before I received the first
  feedback from you for that patch.

Bart.