Blk-mq/scsi-mq Tuning

Hi Folks,

We¹ve begun to explore blk-mq and scsi-mq and wanted to know if there were
any best practices in terms of block layer settings.  We¹re looking
specifically at the FCoE and iSCSI protocols.

A little background on the queues in our hardware first: we have a per
connection transmit queue and multiple, global receive queues.  The
transmit queues are not pegged to a particular CPU.  The receive queues
are pegged to the first N CPUs where N is the number of receive queues.
We set the nr_hw_queues in the scsi_host_template to N as well.

In our initial testing we¹re not seeing the performance scale as we would
expect so we wanted to see if there some Œknobs¹ if you will that we could
try tuning to try to increase the performance.  Also, one question we did
have is there an official API to be able to set the CPU affinity of the
hw_ctx_queues?

Thanks,
Chad