Re: Odd behavior of a "SAS-2" backplane with SGPIO commands

I've got open discussions with both Supermicro and LSI at the moment,
and have shipped one of them a backplane and HBA to demonstrate this
since they couldn't replicate it easily in-house.

I also wouldn't claim SGPIO is "disabled" on any of these cards - any
of the RAID cards don't expose the virtual SMP port, but said blinking
works fine through LSI's magic binary blob MegaCLI. And with the
9211-8i and other SAS2008 HBAs (9201-16i being the one I have a lot
of), it works great on any expander I've tried, but on the passive
backplanes in these, the behavior is as I described - blinking one LED
per SAS port plugged from a given HBA into the backplane. [...which is
even more fascinating the more you think about it, since that means
that the behavior easily straddles multiple passive management chips,
which looks more like an HBA-end problem...]

- Rich