Re: Odd behavior of a "SAS-2" backplane with SGPIO commands

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 08:10:27PM -0400, Rich wrote:
> I actually have a lot of information I can share about this since I
> wrote this email.

Great!

> To be brief, the sas2ircu toolset works perfectly fine with IT mode
> HBAs - just not with passive backplanes AFAICS [e.g. the 846A, versus
> the 846EL2].

Ok. So with an expander backplane (846EL*) with SES, sas2ircu is able to control leds?
"LOCATE" command works? I haven't been able to try those commands with SES backplanes
because in these systems I've been trying to avoid expanders :)

> Also, the bug I'm experiencing is not present with the SAS2308
> generation of the HBAs (the 9217 and friends) at the same F/W version
> as the 9211, so this may be a bug - on the controller chip, driver, or
> HBA firmware.

That's good to know. Did you open any bug reports about the SAS2008/9211 SGPIO glitch?

Thanks,

-- Pasi