Re: Booting from or using a Compaq RA4100 Array

[LUN mangling]

Eike> I've looked around a bit in the LUN code some month ago as I was
Eike> trying to get this to a state where it was sort of working. This
Eike> code is as horrible as the rest of this driver, so I didn't
Eike> really got the point what of this strange stuff is really needed
Eike> and what was just caused by code monkeys on drugs.

Yeah, I talked to James about this a while back and he said the only
acceptable approach for dealing with deprecated TYPE_RAID devices
would be to write an upper level driver.  If you'd be interested in
working on that, that'd be awesome.

Eike> Now the driver is buried and all the people with such hardware
Eike> come out of their holes. Fascinating :)) I was thinking about a
Eike> list related only to these things and/or writing a FAQ for
Eike> this. What do the other people around think about this? MKP?

Sure.  I'll try to conjure up a web page about cpqfcTS, RA4x00, and
the current state of the tachyon nation.

--
Martin K. Petersen      http://mkp.net/
-