Re: mach-crag6410.c staying or going?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2024, at 19:23, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 01:10:25PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

>> > Unfortunately we are a bit stuck here and there is no good answer
>> > for it. I think this board file is holding up more cleanups than
>> > any other and I'd love to get rid of it, but Mark is still using
>> > the machine, and probably relies on it more than anyone else
>> > needs the other board files.
>>
>> While I am using the device I don't care at all about the keypad driver,
>> I don't use the keypad at all so that could just be removed as far as
>> I'm concerned.
>
> Nah, if it is still used I can convert properly, especially if you can
> try my patches.
>
> Should the warning about removal after '24 be removed then?

As promised, I have now sent my email about the wider board
deprecation timeline, see

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/2831c5a6-cfbf-4fe0-b51c-0396e5b0aeb7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Let's see if we can agree on a plan for removing more of the
other boards first, and then add consistent warnings to the
ones that are on the way out.

     arnd

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]