Users of exynos drm driver

Hi, my name is Seth and I'm a member of the Google Project Zero
security research team,

I'm presently looking at the upstream code present in
drivers/gpu/drm/exynos, enabled by kernel config CONFIG_DRM_EXYNOS. It
appears to be well-maintained and regularly patched, but despite my
best efforts I have had difficulty tracking down the end-users of this
driver. I have not been able to find any recent examples of this
driver being compiled into kernels Android devices or Samsung Smart
TV's (based on Samsung's open source repositories). I've also not been
able to find any modern open-source codebases that utilize the ioctls
exposed by this driver.

I was hoping you may be able to point me towards modern usage of this
driver - I assume it's present in kernels compiled for some subset of
Exynos socs and in lieu of  the CONFIG_DRM_SAMSUNG_DPU code? What
kernels/end-devices would that be?

Thank you!

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]