Re: UFS storage support for Tensor/GS101?

Hi Eric,

+ Will

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 03:45, Eric Biggers <ebiggers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter!  Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing on upstreaming support
> for Tensor/GS101.  I've tested that the latest upstream kernel is now able to
> boot to a serial console on Pixel 6.

Thanks for testing :)

> I'm wondering if you have any plans to upstream support for the UFS storage on
> that platform?  It should be able to use the already-upstream
> drivers/ufs/host/ufs-exynos.c driver, but changes may be required; I'm not sure
> how many.  I'm interested in this mainly because I'd like to upstream some
> patches related to inline encryption, and that depends on UFS storage working.
>
> I'm interested in helping with this, but I wanted to check to see if you know
> about any existing plans first.

We certainly want to add support for UFS upstream, and if you can help
out with enabling it that would be great! It would free us up to work
on enabling something else in parallel. From a first pass analysis of
the downstream UFS code it looks like ufs phy driver likely needs the
most attention.

The last UFS dependency (that I'm aware of) that is missing currently
is clock support for cmu_hsi2 (which I was planning on working on as
my next task). Also the UFS phy accesses PMU registers so that will
require my exynos-pmu [1] series but that is hopefully close to being
merged.

So I think we are quite close to having all the UFS dependencies in
place. Shall I ping you once I have some code for cmu_hsi2, and
hopefully that should be enough for you to start working on the UFS
driver and phy?

Thanks,

Peter

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2024/2/2/795

  • [Linux on Unisoc (RDA Micro) SoCs]     [Linux Actions SoC]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]