Re: odroid hc2?

Hi Torbjorn,

On 2018-11-21 10:06, Torbjorn Jansson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> a question for the experts and a small wish/request.
> is it possible to get the odroid hc2 up to same level of support in
> the kernel as hc1?
> my understanding is that they are basically the same thing but hc1
> uses a 2.5 inch disk and hc2 uses 3.5 inch discs.
>
> there is two parts to this i believe.
> i'm using fedora 29 to test this and the first part is that uboot (i
> think) doesn't recognize the hc2 properly so it tries to load the dtb
> file exynos5422-odroidunknown.dtb
> i can work around this by creating a symlink from
> exynos5422-odroidhc1.dtb and get it to boot.
>
> second part is ofcourse that there is no dtb file for hc2 so even if
> uboot did pickup the right file it wound not exist.
>
> using the hc1 dtb file with my hc2 appears to work fine.

>From Linux kernel perspective Odroid HC2 doesn't differ from HC1, so it
simply should use HC1 dtb. Recently there have been u-boot patch for
adding HC2 detection, which also fixes 'unknown' dtb issue on HC2:
https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2018-October/345365.html

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski, PhD
Samsung R&D Institute Poland

[Index of Archives]     [Linux SoC Development]     [Linux Rockchip Development]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]