Re: exynos5422-odroid-xu3: MCPM: only 6 of 8 CPUs coming online

Mauro Ribeiro <mdrjr0@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> As I wrote you previously outside the list this is the commit "ARM:
> EXYNOS: SWRESET is needed to boot secondary CPU on exynos3250" that I
> was expecting it to fix XU3 as well and apparently it is..

I'm not sure about that, since I haven't been able to get that to work.

> Next week if everything goes as I plan I'll check if I can use the
> same code to enable the A7's on XU3 as well.
> If its possible to use the same code I'll try to upstream this next week.

Excellent.  I'd love to see a patch against mainline that using that
function that works on the XU3.  Note that mainline is using MCPM and
that patch solves the problem for the older platsmp method.

> It would be nice if Samsung could tell what in our u-boot (provided by
> LSI) is needed to be changed as I can just push any changes to our
> u-boot.

Yes, I completely agree.  This seems to me like a bootloader bug and the
best solution here would be to have a bootloader fix.

Kevin