Re: exynos5422-odroid-xu3: MCPM: only 6 of 8 CPUs coming online

Hi,

On 10/17/2014 09:06 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Joonyoung Shim <jy0922.shim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Kevin Hilman <khilman <at> kernel.org> writes:
>>

>>> Hi hdmi_resources_init,

>> there is any such code present in your
>>> secondary bring-up path.
>>>
>>> I'm using the hardkernel u-boot[1], branch: odroidxu3-v2012.07.  I'm
>>> currently using the pre-built binaries that are in the
>>> sd_fuse/hardkernel directory of that branch, but I can rebuild u-boot if
>>> needed.
>>>
>>> I'm not very familiar with u-boot, but if f you have some pointers where
>>> to start looking in that code, that would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git
>>>

>> It seems to need magic code.
>>
>> Please refer
>> https://github.com/abhijeet-dev/linux-samsung/commit/553b7f40465ab4fad6c270f289cd4780942f7fae
>
> Thanks, Abhilash had pointed me to the same code, and it works.  But...
>
> Can someone explain this "magic", ideally in the form of a changelog
> and patch submitted upstream?

I also really wonder.

One more problem, cpu0 doesn't boot after offline and system is halted.

# echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
[   28.027852] IRQ152 no longer affine to CPU0
[   28.028087] IRQ256 no longer affine to CPU0
[   28.028344] CPU0: shutdown
#
# echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online

So, it's failed script[1] to test MCPM functionalities

Thanks.

[1]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg330946.html