Re: Ask for help on SPI slave side driver support

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:20:42AM +0200, Tomasz Figa wrote:

> Mark will probably know better, but AFAIK there is no API for slave mode
> SPI available in Linux kernel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct.

> The code mentioned in the post from your link was some internal vendor
> code, which is unlikely to be available publicly. However support for
> slave mode from hardware side seems more or less similar to master mode,
> which means that assuming you can add some kernel API for it, the
> modification to the spi-s3c64xx wouldn't be too big.

There were some people working on slave mode (or at least talking about
it) but I don't think they ever sent it.  It'd probably just be the same
as master mode but with transfers triggered from /CS instead of from
driver action.  The biggest trick would be making sure the transfer is
running before the master actually starts sending data.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux SoC Development]     [Linux Rockchip Development]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]