Re:Re: Ask for help on SPI slave side driver support

At 2013-09-30 07:20:42,"Tomasz Figa" <tomasz.figa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: >Hi, > >[Ccing Mark Brown, maintainer of Linux SPI subsystem] > >On Monday 30 of September 2013 00:23:32 YouShenghui wrote: >> Hi Samsung expert, >> I am working a project that need spi slave side driver support in >> smdk6410 in linux. I am connecting two 6410 board with spi bus, one >> side as master, the other as slave. Data is passed from one side to the >> other. I looked over spi related code in kernel and only find spi >> master support. I see >> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg73403.html that said there >> was already spi slave support in Samsungs current code. Could you give >> me a suggestion where I could find that code? I would like to port >> slave side support code to my code though it's not upstream yet. > >Mark will probably know better, but AFAIK there is no API for slave mode >SPI available in Linux kernel. Please correct me if I'm wrong. > >The code mentioned in the post from your link was some internal vendor >code, which is unlikely to be available publicly. However support for >slave mode from hardware side seems more or less similar to master mode, >which means that assuming you can add some kernel API for it, the >modification to the spi-s3c64xx wouldn't be too big. > >Best regards, >Tomasz >
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, It will not be a big patch. But I feel hard to add the support as a application developer so I want if they could send me a small patch to make it work.
ysh